Saturday, April 5, 2014

E is for Enchanted Wood/Forest!


The Enchanted Forest books by Enid Blyton are hands down, my most fav childhood books of all time. They were my first introduction into the wonders of magic and fueled my imaginations for years. Infact, they still do.




The story starts off with 3 English siblings, Jo Bess and Fanny, who move away from their town to a small farm which borders an ancient forest. They go exploring and come across a giant tree and while climbing it, discover magical creatures living in it. There are characters called Moon-face, Silky the fairy , Dame Washalot,Mr Watzisname, the Saucepan Man and the angry Pixie.

Something is just magical ( no pun intended) about these books and even now, writing about them, I'm smiling a little like a loon.

PS: The term Google buns was one I had completely forgotten!

Share any childhood favorites of yours!

enid blyton enchanted wood





No comments:

Post a Comment

Do talk to us